So here is our Top 10 unique places to travel… all more doable than you think with our help of course!
1. Bhutan – This mystical, Buddhist country is a fairytale destination, removed from the modern world. Stunningly beautiful, the few tourists who visit each year come for the cultural experience and some spectacular trekking
2. Tierra del Fuego, Argentina – The remote “land of fire” at the tip of Argentina features breathtaking mountainous scenery and adventure activities. It is home to Ushuaia, the world’s southernmost town and starting point for Antarctic expeditions.
3. Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park, Western Australia – Australia’s Indian Ocean coast is dramatic and unspoiled. Between Cape Leeuwin and Cape Naturaliste lies a particularly beautiful and peaceful area with coastal hiking trails, quiet surf beaches and plenty of kangaroos.
4. Bagan, Myanmar – A variety of 2,200 ancient temples and pagodas in varying degrees of restoration cover 16 square miles at Bagan in central Myanmar. This is the spiritual center of the country and a place of inspiration and wonder.
5. Raiatea, French Polynesia – The Society Islands are the most magical in the South Pacific and peaceful Raiatea is one of its gems. The ancient center of religion and culture, it is the most sacred of the islands, filled with ancient legends and astounding natural beauty.
6. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, Alaska – Situated east of Valdez, this magnificent park is the largest in the US, six times the size of Yellowstone. Home to the largest glacier system in the US, here you’ll find unsurpassed hiking, glacier hiking and some intriguing historical spots.
7. Cooktown, Northern Queensland, Australia – An unspoiled coastal town, rich in history and surrounded by picturesque countryside. The 2,000 inhabitants are renowned for their friendliness. Visit the many points of interest in town then explore the Outback and remote Cape York from here.
8. Iceland – In this land of fire and ice, a unique combination of glaciers and active volcanos form part of Iceland’s fascinating landscape. It’s a geological masterpiece with numerous natural sights from waterfalls to geothermal areas. Also an excellent place for viewing the Northern Lights.
9. Kruger National Park, South Africa – The size of Scotland and home to the widest range of African mammals of any game reserve, Kruger is legendary. A wide range of safari options and accommodation across the park mean you’ll enjoy unsurpassed game viewing and bird watching experiences.
10. Mauritius – This volcanic island in the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean is a tropical paradise! The former French colony is best known for its magnificent beaches, lagoons and reefs. The natural beauty includes mountains, rainforests, waterfalls, plantations and botanical gardens.
Be the first to comment