Don’t you want to go on your dream honeymoon right now?? But between planning and spending money on your wedding you might not be sure you have any money saved for your honeymoon. I’m sure you have been shocked by how much money everything wedding related is! Between venue costs, dress alterations and photography prices weddings are a tremendous expense! It will sooo be all worth it but at the same time I’m sure you are looking for some ways to SAVE some money for that dream honeymoon! You might be wondering how to save money for your honeymoon? Well I am about to share with you how to do just that… save for your honeymoon and not just any honeymoon… your DREAM honeymoon!
- Use a travel agent: Travel agents are in the know and book vacations and honeymoons everyday. Since they do this daily, they know when a good deal is truly a good deal. The other great thing about travel agents is most of them don’t charge any fees. That means using a travel agent is completely free! The resorts, suppliers and wholesalers that they book through pay the travel agents. It is the same as using Expedia, Hotels.com or another Online Travel Agency (OTA). For your honeymoon, wouldn’t you rather speak to a live person? When looking for an agent, make sure you have a phone consultation or meet with them in person. This allows for you to make sure the agent understands the type of traveling you and your fiancé are looking for. Many times a honeymoon is the first big trip a couple takes together and a good travel agent can match couples with perfect destinations. So if you want to save money for your honeymoon, use a travel agent.
2. Be flexible with dates: If your schedule allows, being flexible with your dates can save you a lot of money. Try to travel in the shoulder season (in between high and low season low season of the destination. Obvious times to avoid are holidays and spring break. Shoulder and low seasons vary by destination do you research or speak with a professional travel agent.
3. Go for an all inclusive. If you are looking for a beach destination, all inclusives can save you a bundle of money. They might appear more expensive, but they include everything! The transfers, taxes, all drinks, all meals, all snacks, activities and most water sports. All inclusive beach vacations can be luxurious by offering excursions, al la carte dining, room services and other perks. Not all inclusive are the same level, so again it is a good idea to get pricing from a travel agent so you know exactly what you are getting.
4. Buy a Honeymoon Package. When booking a honeymoon in exotic locations, it pays to get a package. When you combine airfare, land, excursions, tours all together, you can find more discounts. This is where hidden value can make a you save money on your honeymoon by actually get more for your money. Many couples also find that if they are traveling to Europe for example, travel agents can get the “skip the line” museum passes, rail tickets and more which save you not only money, but valuable travel time.
5. Don’t be shy about upgrades! This is your honeymoon after all! Many couples find that when you upgrade to the next category, hotels are willing to throw in resort credits, private dinners on the beach and many even more honeymoon amenities! Again, there is more value making your money go further. Your honeymoon is a special time and the little perks go a long way! So if you can get these perks for FREE that is absolute money saving right there!
If you enjoyed these tips on how to save money for your dream honeymoon but are wondering how to start honeymoon planning then sign up to get your Ultimate Honeymoon Planning Checklist. If you are ready to start planning then contact me today!